Monday 1 December 2014

Shiri by D.S Taylor



Shiri is a young shepherd girl when her small village in Palestine is set a light and invaded by Amenhotep, Prince of Egypt, the village is destroyed, Shiri’s people killed or enslaved. Shiri manages to flee and escape. Shiri must warn the Shepherd king and soon finds herself on a quest to the heart of Egypt and a journey of destruction, power, and love.

One of the things I really enjoy about doing my job is that often I will now be given a chance to read books that I would never ever have chosen to read myself, so I am often introduced to new genres and fantastic books that before I would never have thought to try to see if I like them, and this is the case with Shiri. Shiri is one of those books which clever wording draws you in from the very first sentence it is a book you will find hard to put down. I found it intellectual and intriguing.


No comments:

Post a Comment