Sunday 20 July 2014

The Ghostly Father by Sue Barnard



When Juliet is handed an old, thick, leather-bound book by her grandfather and asked to translate the book from Italian into English for his birthday. She agrees thinking it something to do with her family’s history, but what follows is an amazing discovery of an old and very well-known classic love story, that we all think we know until now.

This story has been written with a lot of care and respect to the original story, to which this story is woven in so well you cannot see the seams that join both the classic and the new together. I am not going to reveal which story it is in my review as I liked the surprise it gave me not knowing when I read the book.

The Ghostly Father is a remarkable read, with all the twists, turns and tragedy of an intense love story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment