Wednesday 12 September 2012

I would like to welcome, a very special guest on my blog, author Darlene Jones

A long time ago, I lived in Mali. Every single day, I wished I could wave a magic wand to relieve the heart-wrenching poverty. The story line of my books reflects my desire to wave that wand and make the world a better place. If only wishes could come true. And of course, every novel needs its love story, so along with the sci-fi magic, I’ve added the requisite romance.

Initially, I intended to write “a” novel. The story and characters took over and the ending of the first demanded another. Two books became three and three became four.

I've always believed we can't be the only beings existing in the vastness of the universe. There must be others “out there somewhere” and I brought some of them along for the ride. The setting stays, for the most part, within the realities of our world, but I've found that I love the magic the sci-fi element of other beings can bring to the story.

EMBRACED by Darlene Jones

Miss D came to me one day with this page of scribbles. She thought it was some kind of communication from aliens and she wanted me and my buddies to try to figure it out. I like Miss D and all. She’s not bad for a school teacher principal type. You can talk to her and she doesn’t make fun. But, sheesh, a secret code from aliens? Anyway, to keep her happy, I said I’d help.

Thing is, once I started studying the scribbles, I could see messages. I told Miss D that Coder Guy (that’s the name Miss D gave to whoever was sending the messages) wanted her to fix things. Of course she asked what things? I didn’t know so I made up some stuff. Miss D wrote letters to newspapers and the things she asked for started to come true. She even let our class write letters on this special paper she had and the stuff we asked for came true too.

Now Miss D is in the hospital. She’s all screwed up by the aliens, and their messages, and the letters. This guy named Sam messed with her too. Miss D said he’s a war correspondent. I think she really liked him, but he dumped her or something and that sent her over the edge. I’m going up to the hospital to see her now.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/EMBRACED-ebook/dp/B0098LANXQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1347383840&sr=1-6&keywords=embraced
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/223180
My website: http://www.emandyves.com

6 comments:

  1. Nikki, thank you for featuring me and my latest book. I hope readers like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great book. It'll keep you turning pages to find out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicky and Darlene
    Sounds like an intriguing book. Enjoyed embattled too!
    Ali B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Embattled as well, fascinating concept and can't wait to read the second and third books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds absolutely amazing. I loved Embattled and have yet to catch up on Book 2... and 3. I'll read them all together, can't wait. Congrats on your launch, Darlene, and thanks to Nikki for hosting. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all. Welcome. I feel so lucky getting to read all these really great books. I would like to say a BIG thank you for the lovely Darlene Jones for joining me. I am looking forward to reading Darlene's books.

    ReplyDelete