Friday 23 October 2015

Thicker Than Water by Mary O'Sullivan

A small community of people who live on the Hawthorn Estate in the rural Irish town of Ballyderg, each with their own dark secrets. Four girls have disappeared without trace in the past eighteen months. Maeve, Linda and Jan are three friends who must face a storm that is coming... Which will change each of their lives for ever.

Thicker than Water is a chilling psychological crime thriller with murder and mystery that keeps the reader on the edge of your seat in suspense from beginning to end. I had chills running down my spine as the story is sometimes told from the murders point of view, captivating a very dark and unhinged mind that tries to rationalise the despicable acts that they are carrying out.

This is an intriguing and tense read from author Mary O'Sullivan. The words of the story really make the reader feel the emotion of the dark atmosphere to the story. I was guessing who did it right up to the end. I could in no way predict what was going to happen next and that is what I like in a book. I like books too that play out in your minds-eye because the characters are so real and this is what you will find reading this book. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time.


2 comments:

  1. Nikki, thank you from the bottom of my heart for this review. I am very grateful for the time you have spent reading and reviewing my work . I am flattered by your remarks and so happy the story gripped you . I don't know how you found the time with all you have to do but I'm very glad you did. Thank you, Nikki. Maryxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Mary... You know how much I love your books so it is something I always look forward to doing :) :) xx

      Delete