Sunday 2 September 2018

Whisky Tango Foxtrot - The Further Adventures of Mavis Upton by Gina Kirkham

Following on from the wonderful and witty, Handcuffs, Truncheon and a Polyester Thong, once again we join police officer Mavis Upton and her lively life policing. Mavis is trying very hard to solve the mystery of a dodgy 'doughnutter' and I tell you this, I will never look at a doughnut the same way again! Filled with fun and great comical timing this book was a joy to read.

Having really enjoyed and been thoroughly entertained by the first book in this series by author Gina Kirkham, I was really looking forward to the second book, and I was not disappointed. Gina tells a good tale with such hilarious humour that I had to pause between pages, to have some reading recovering time. I was splitting my sides with laughter. Such is the character and situation comedy in this book. Do we have a good police comedy on TV right now? I certainly nominate and put forward Gina and her stories. I would love to see Mavis Upton and her comedy calamities brought to life on the screen.

As much as I smiled and laughed my way through the book at times I found some scenes touching and moving and this is done so well in the writing. Never a dull moment and I cannot wait for book three.

No comments:

Post a Comment